Mosquito screen – An alternative to the mosquito net?
Table of contents
Interested in getting rid of the buzzing in your room and the mosquito bites on your legs?
Purchasing a mosquito net or a mosquito screen is not a bad idea! We are more than happy to delve into all the pros and cons with you.
Differences between mosquito nets and screens
A mosquito net is typically a mesh fabric designed to cover sleeping areas or beds. It acts as a physical barrier, draped over or around the bed
A mosquito screen is a more permanent fixture. It’s a mesh screen designed to cover windows, doors, or other openings in a building.
The primary purpose of a mosquito screen is to allow fresh air to circulate while keeping mosquitoes and other insects out. Unlike mosquito nets, screens are fixed structures, often made of metal or synthetic fibers, and are installed in residential and commercial buildings in both tropical and temperate regions.
Pros and cons of a mosquito net
Have you (like us) secretly fallen in love with how a mosquito net looks and you are now hesitant to buy one? We have listed the most important points for you.
- A mosquito net ensures that your sleep is not disturbed.
- This item will create a new fantastic cozy look for your bedroom. Midsummer or not; a mosquito net is a great addition to your bedroom!
- You can choose a mosquito net entirely according to your needs. Do you prefer a mosquito net for a single or double bed? Interested in a specific shape and color? Or are you looking for a specific material? You can easily put together a mosquito net to suit all your needs.
- A mosquito net is relatively cheap. Since you can customize this item, you control the price as well. For example, you can even buy a mosquito net at our shop for only €59!
Having read all the pros, you almost would not think of any cons. We took some time to do a thorough search, and it is worth keeping these points in mind.
- You will need several hooks in your bedroom to hang your mosquito net. So, it is crucial that this be possible in your bedroom. Not a problem really right?
- The size of your mosquito net is of utmost importance! After all, the item must fit nicely around your bed. Otherwise, the insects can still get under the mosquito net and you obviously want to avoid that.
View our collection
Pros and cons of a mosquito screen
Do you prefer the idea of a mosquito screen? Again, there are several pros and cons that you should keep in mind!
It is not really an eye-catcher, but a screen has many pros.
- One of the pros of a screen is that this item protects your entire door or window from both crawling and flying insects. This makes it ideal for you to open your door or window at any time of the day or night.
- There are several types of screen doors for you to choose from. You can choose from a slatted screen, a traditional screen, or a (duo) pleated screen.
- A slatted screen has about 4 to 5 slats that are connected. Usually, this is done using magnetic strips. Convenient when you walk out with your hands full! The slatted screen will then return to its position immediately afterward.
- We all know the traditional screen door; you mount it on your exterior door and open it the same way as a normal door.
- An finally, the pleated screen, the most popular. It is a folded retractable system that makes it easy to step in and out. The pleated screen can be stationary at any time, giving you the freedom to choose the position you want. Another great advantage is this: type of screen is even sunproof!
If you’re interested in a mosquito screen on your bedroom window or outside door keep these points in mind:
- Screen doors can have consequences. Especially if you own a pet! The inability to see the screen door in time could lead your four-legged companions to cause serious damage.
- With a screen installed on your windows and doors, much less light gets through whilst it reduces the view outside.
- I guess you might have seen it coming, but screens are relatively expensive! Especially if your window or door does not have the standard dimensions. Prices for a tailor-made screen often start at €209. Not to mention, you often install one or two window screens in your bedroom, along with a possible screen door if you have a balcony. This will cost you serious money!
- You can choose from a variety of screens, but unfortunately, that often may be paired with some drawbacks. For example, a slatted screen does not provide complete protection against crawling insects, and the other models are very fragile. Furthermore, you must account for your windows and doors on which you have not installed a screen. Did you accidentally open a window without a screen? Then the mosquitoes will come right in!
Which product is best suited for me?
Having read all the pros and cons of a mosquito net and mosquito screen, we’re sure you have a good idea of the item best suited for you.
Do you still have doubts? Please let us know! We are more than happy to help you with all your questions.
With warm regards it is a pleasure for me to give my opinion in form of 5 stars. Also 10 stars if there were available. Top quality in materials and handcraft, lovely package and not a week waiting for it. Thank you very much! If you like a foto don’t hesitate to ask for it. Big hugs ❤